The Traveling Pets web page consists of the sections below:
1. Flying pup in Cargo
2. Flying pup as Carry-on
3. Over-all for 1. Cargo or 2. Carry-on
4. Driving for/with your pet
last updated 5/6/17
Dear People - We DO NOT do text messaging for our Royal Standard Poodles - DO NOT text message us! We email ONLY via the form below at which we will provide our email in return. Thank You. We do get your emails on our cell phone and can file the communication :o) Texting we cannot.
Customer pays for "Flight" ticket. Flying your pet in this day and age is not difficult. Though it will take your time to read through or print off this page to help you know what to plan and expect. Don't hesitate to contact Tes with questions after studying this page 737-932-5030 or 218-414-0023.
Read the checklist TI provides her customers. You will find the area to make notes for traveling. Mark your calendar for the flying date TI posts with your litter once born. When puppies all fly the same day, we do not charge traveling fees... Emails are sent weeks prior to the travel date to remind customers. Yet, please drill yourself on what is to go on :o)
1. Flying pup in Cargo
Traveling Pets as cargo - above, Standard Poodles are flying every day around the world - Royal "Carlo" is being picked up by his owner in Maryland at their "cargo facility" or picking them up at "airport baggage pick-up area" below picture if cargo arrives after normal hours.
8 weeks of age pups may fly, by Dept. of Transportation - gov > paragraph 3 ...Dogs and Cats...:
Below, Bodhi arrives at cargo in WA.
The following main airlines and their traveling pet links are what I have researched, with wonderful help of customers, in being able to fly cargo and as carry-on, please note my comments by each of them (you may research others that can work as well):
1. 8 wks old cargo, this is the reference information for 90% of our puppies flying out: Crate size for our larger pups 28"L x 21"W x 22"H. Pup + crate will = 20-30 lbs estimated flying price up to $300-$375 - 8/18/16. Our pups on average at this age will range from 8-15 Lbs. As they grow, crate size must change with their weight, be aware the cost rises gradiently to fly larger pets.
2. Purchasing 2 pups at the same time: a) check with the airlines to know IF a larger crate (size 36" x 25" x 27" or 300 series) can be used to carry both pups together, that will entail finding out what *size airplane will be carrying the pups. b) IF the plane won't allow the larger crate, the 28"x21"x22" will have to be used to either carry both pups in it (if they fit), or c) two crates carrying them individually flying out at the same time.
3. Smaller crate size for an occasional smaller puppy: 26"L x 16"W x 16"H - estimated flying price now up to $300.
4. Ask if you can pay for flight on your end! Otherwise, get an estimate at which you will need to pay me +$30 as it has always been more than they say with taxes and additional fees...actual crate wt upon arrival. If extra money left over we share that goes toward our airport parking and gas...our tip to handle various situations - Thank You ;0)
5. Three major airlines are provided below that you can drill ahead to know which airlines will work best for your needs. You can find another airline if you so choose...always send us what you find and want to plan for a schedule. We must coordinate all of these for timing.
Delta: Delta Airlines Pet web page
a) MN: TI's preference is Delta in shipping cargo as MOST flights can be straight flights for the pup/s out of MSP.
b) 1-800-352-2746 > 5 > to book cargo pet flight
Note: our pups will range from 8-15 lbs at 8 wks old. At Delta's 10 wk age our pups would be too large to fly as carry-on thus a different airline is recommended to fly at 8 wks of age for carry-on.
c) 8 wks old is valid in Delta "Cargo", with health certificate required. We are not a large kennel, thus we are allowed to sell puppies via the internet and fly pups out per USDA regulations!
d) Note: review their restrictions on the link above.
e) You may book flights with Delta 14 days prior to known ship date. Delta has ended up telling customers 13 days even though the site states 14 days/2 wks.
f) You pay for pup's flight upon its arrival at cargo pickup. Make sure you have drivers license/ID in hand.
g) 8 wks of age is when we agree to fly all pups for free with no travel fee for our MN 8 hr round trip, TX 6 hr round trip...we must wait several hrs until the pup actually flies out, so this becomes a full day for us.
h) Delta Dash to smaller airports: In the past years it was simply stated with DASH - "Breeder must pay on their end at time of drop off for flying of pet."
In the last several years, they have started to ALLOW owners to put their credit card on record as the "pre-pay". It isn't charged until breeder brings in pet. In Pre-paying by this manner, the customer is allowed to then book their pet's flight, not the breeder. The ONE thing I note on this way of pre-paying, I have had to call the customer at the DASH counter (5am in the morning, and depending on your location can be even earlier morning hours) to have the agents validate the credit card. Any delay in this communication could mean your puppy misses their flight.
If they do not allow you to pre-pay, you must pay TI for shipping before pup flies. With that TI asks for an additional $30 from what they tell customer flight cost may be as usually the weight may be more along with taxes...any left over funds are used for gas :0) Thank You!
i) Customers in warmer states: Delta cuts off flying animals in cargo when temps reach over 85 degrees in summer months. If from a warmer state, consider the cooler months to purchase your pet or traveling with your pet as "Carry-on." Otherwise, United Airlines flies animals during summer months in temperature controlled environment.
j) With Minnesota winters: pups are not allowed to fly in cargo at 10 degrees or lower on Delta Airlines. So, there are windows of temperature flying time-frames that customers need to be aware of with carriers during specific seasons
a) Carry-on pup age is 8 wks, health certificate is NOT clearly called out thus will always be provided.
b) 1-800-575-3335 or 1-832-235-1541
c) MN: Generally United "cargo" has two stops at major ports for the pup/s, health certificate required.
TX: UNITED is the ONLY airlines used! ALL flights will be via United due to the various heat temps in TX and United is AC facilities with direct flights to almost every major airport.
d) Note: review their restrictions on the link above.
e) United can fly pups to warm and cold states with their Petsafe program, temperature controlled environment year round!
f) Can book as earlier as 2 months ahead.
g) 8 wks of age is when we agree to fly all pups for free, if in deciding to take pup as carry-on/cargo at a later time then we have established for the litter there will be an additional traveling fee of $100.
h) You must pay TI for shipping before pup flies. Customer sends estimated price from agent (ex. $330) for travel prior to any pup flying out. Make sure you have drivers license/ID in hand upon pick up. This includes the average airline cost, plus taxes, and then any variable of us needing to handle the expense on our end.
American Airlines (AA) American Airlines Pet web page
a) Carry-on pup age is 8 wks, health certificate ARE required with American Airlines carry-on which we include in your pet price.
Their notes: Pet Carrier Guidelines for Cabin Pets > The maximum size for cabin pet carriers is 19" long x 13" wide x 9" high. Soft-sided pet carriers such as Sherpa bags may exceed these dimensions slightly because they are collapsible. Animals must be able to stand up, turn around and lie down in a natural position in the kennel. Soft-sided pet carriers are accepted as long as they are constructed of water-repellent, padded nylon with mesh ventilation on two or more sides.
TI is researching to find a carrier that meets these dimensions. The one TI currently uses is taller then these dimensions, not as wide.
b) Generally their cargo has two stops at major ports for the pup/s, health certificate IS required.
c) Note: review their restrictions on the link above.
e) 8 wks of age is when we agree to fly all pups for free, if in deciding to take pup as carry-on/cargo at a later time then we have established for the litter there will be an additional traveling fee of $100.
f) You must pay TI for shipping before pup flies. Customer sends estimated agent price (ex. $330) for travel prior to any pup flying out. Make sure you have drivers license/ID in hand upon pick up. This includes the average airline cost, plus taxes, and then any variable of me needing to handle the expense on my end.
2. Flying pup as Carry-on
What we provide you in the purchase of your carry-on pup,
CARRIER may vary...have wheels/or not...depending on size of your pup/airline...the below is MOST used. We can give you $20 to mail it back to us please!
NOTES for Carry-on:
See major airlines in section #1 above, each link will cover carry-on.
Below is "Hilo" with his owner traveling with him as Carry-on to New Mexico.
What customer needs to bring for their standard poodles:
3. Over-all for
1. Cargo -or- 2. Carry-on
1. All flights are arranged and paid for by the new owner. We provide information here to help you along the way. This gives the customer knowledge to what their Standard Poodles must go through to fly as well as surety in knowing what airline choice is made and their rules.
We have flown MANY pups over the years of breeding...your planning and communication is key for this to run smoothly!
Be by your phone and assure we have your cell phone number/s!!
2. Good communication is imperative when working through the flight phase, that we can know what is to happen and when.
3. Overseas buyers; please thoroughly research who your transporter will be in understanding their requirements in #1 above, research your countries import animal rules. Example: Government rules and regulations, how old must the pet be to fly to your country, quarantines, and needed shots.
4. Driving for/with your Standard Poodles
If you are coming to pick up your pet in your car here are things to bring:
What I provide with the purchase of your standard poodles:
Hotels in the area:
above - Carmel Apple Orchard Inn - 5 miles from Tes, a bed & breakfast is out here in the country open Spring, Summer, and Fall. 218-894-2796 .. 26144 State 210, Staples, MN 56479
American Best Value Hotel - 7 miles from us - is located at 109 2nd Ave NW Staples, MN 1-218-894-3585
8/18/16 NEW HOTEL COMING TO STAPLES 2017...stay tuned!
Check the weather for your flying date. Weather.com is what the airlines use to check that day of flying.